Duration16 Days Trip
Best SeasonSept - Nov | May - June
Upper Mustang is known as a mystique valley and the last forbidden Himalayan kingdom of Nepal and is also known as a ‘Mini Tibet of Nepal’ and a very well-liked trekking in Nepal, has been described as “Mountain Desert" The trekking tour to Lo Manthang- isolated region is a incredibly satisfying one for those who want to experience the hospitality and warmth of the locals living in this remote region. Nepal Department of Immigration started to issue only a small number of special trekking permits since 1992. Before 1992 the region was prohibited to visit for foreign travelers. Upper Mustang is a perfect destination where generous scope is offered for visiting Buddhists Monasteries. This semi autonomous and heavily Tibetan influenced region was described by Tillman as fascinatingly ugly country, the more fascinating for being so little known" indeed, the trek to Lo Manthang is through an almost treeless barren landscape, a steep rocky trail up and down hill, unbelievable panorama of Nilgiri, Annapurna, Dhaulagiri and several others peaks make your trek marvelous with lifetime experience. Trek begins from Jomsom - reachable by flight and accessible by walk from Ghorepani-Poon Hill-Tatopani-Jomsom and Kali Gandaki Valley trekking route.
Mustang is one of those few places in the world that has survived a very close-niche life and that region was, until recently, was a forbidden land for outsides. This isolation helped the people of Mustang to preserve their life style and heritage that remained almost untouched for centuries. Hidden behind the majestic Himalayan ranges, Mustang is filled with beautiful trekking zones. The high desert rain shadow of Himalayas receives very little rainfall making this region dry and parched, similar to the bordering Tibetan Plateau. The Lo Manthang, capital of Upper Mustang, lies in the remote Himalaya desert behind the Dhaulagiri and Annapurna mountain ranges, is an antique Tibetan Village, with rare medieval Buddhist arts and exotic culture. We, Wilderness Excursion Pvt. Ltd offers perfect budget package trips to Mustang in most competitive trip cost and develop tailor made itinerary to meet your time frame for Nepal holiday.
Price: $3200 (Camping) Per Person
Price: $2600 ( Tea House ) Per Person
- Day 01: Arrival Kathmandu airport pickup and , transfer to hotel evening well-come dinner .
- Day 02: After breakfast half day sight seeing tour includingPashupatinath and Buddhanat , preapre trip , permits, trip preparation meal plan(B).
- Day 03: after breakfast Fly to Pokhara. transfer to hotel afternoon Pokhara sightseeing including David fall Fewa lake Captain bridge etc , On the way to Pokhara flight enjoy great mountain scenic view including Langtang , Ganesh Himal , Manaslau and Annapurna himalaya range meal plan(B.L.D)
- Day 04: After breakfast Fly to Jomsom ( 2720m) , meet crew and commence trek trek to Kagbeni ( 2810m). after lunch visit old ancient city and kagbeni Monestries which is belong Shakya sect, walk approaxmetly 3hrs over night tent camp or Lodge meal plan(B.L.D)
- Day 05: Trek to Chele ( 3050m) via Tangbe/Chhusang for lunch.
- Day 06: Trek to Gilling (11709ft. 3570m). Explore monasteries and village.
- Day 07: Trek to Ghami (3,460m/11,352ft). Explore monasteries and village.
- Day 08: Trek to Charanag (11677ft. 3560m). Explore monasteries and village. Chaile is the 2nd largest village in
- Day 09: Trek to Lo Manthang (12,238ft. 3,730m). Visit monasteries, king´s palace and museum.
- Day 10: Excursion Choser village, back to Lo Manthang after vising monasteries and caves.
- Day 11: Trek to Ghami via Ghargompa, Visit the monastery which is the 1st Monastries in History.
- Day 12: Trek back to Samar (10004ft. 3050m)
- Day 13: Trek to Kagbeni (9216ft. 2810m).
- Day 14: Trek to Jomsom
- Day 15: Fly back to Pokhara and connecting flight to Kathmandu transfer to hotel evening farewell dinner.
- Day 16: After breakfast departure transfer to airport trip conclude.
Alternative Trail via Yara, Luri Gompa, Tangge and Muktinath.
Aditional Cost per person USD $. 600
- Day 11: Trek to Yara.
- Day 12: Excursion Luri Gompa and around, back to Yara.
- Day 13: Trek to Tangge 3240m. 5-6 hours walk.
- Day 14: Trek to Paha (4200m). 4-5 hours walk.
- Day 15: Trek to Tetang, (3040m) 5-6 hours walk,
- Day 16: Trek to Muktinath (3760m) 6-7 hours walk. .
- Day 17: Trek to Jomsom, 4-5 hours walk.
- Day 18: Fly back to Pokhara and connected flight to Kathamndu transfer to hotel , afternoon lesure free shooping etc. evening Ojha Holidays will organize Fare well dinner. .
- Day 19: After breakfast departure transfer trip conclude;
Price Included / Excluded
Deluxe Hotel Kathamndu and Pokhara on Bed and breakfast basic
- -Airport pick and drop off by private car or van depending on group size.
- -Authentic Nepali and Newari farewell dinner with live culture stage show.
- -Government registered and fluent English speaking and very friendly guide.
- -1 Sharing porter for two trekkers during the trek to carry your luggage.
- -2 Nights sharing twin bed room in toursit standard hotel in Pokhara with buffet breakfast.
- -Kathmandu – Pokhara -kathamndu flight
- -Pokhara – Jomsom - Pokhara by domestic flight
- -Trekking lodge accommodation on twin bed sharing basis during the trek.
- -All meals: breakfast, lunch and dinner during the trekking.
- -Tea, coffee, cookies and seasonal fruits during the trekking.
- -ACAP Permit and Airport taxes of domestic flights.
- -Upper Mustang Restricted Area Permit worth of US$ 500.00 per person.
- -Equipments, meals and accommodation of your guide and porters.
- -Salary and insurances for trekking crewsuch as guide / cook and porter.
- -All government tax, vat, and Office Service charges.
- - Farewell dinner in one of the authentic Nepal restaurant with live culture show.
- all camping equipmet for camping trek , Guide , cooke , all food etc including.
- Lunch and dinner in kathmandu and Pokhara
- -All the bar bills such as alcoholic drinks, beverages like coke, fanta, sprite, mineral water, can juice etc.
- -Personal nature expenses, toiletries, hot shower, laundry, internet and phone calls.
- - travel insurance and rescue operation charge in case of emergency.
- -Expenses of extra adventure, donations in monasteries (your choice).
- -Gratitude and tips for trekking crew guide / cook and porters.etc
Trip Booking Enquiry / Customize
Fields marked with ( * ) are mandatory.
Kanchenjunga Region Dolpo/Mustang Region Mustang Region Peak Climbing in Nepal
Tel: +977 01 4484404
Mobile: +977 9851092634
(Near Pashupatinath Temple Opp. Dawarika Hotel)