Duration12 Days | 11 Nights
Max.Altitude3,055m / 10,023ft.
Best SeasonDec - Feb / Sept - Nov
Rara Lake Trek Is a Unique Opportunity to Be Among Those Who Have Treaded on The Remote Trails of Western Nepal. the 10-Day Trek Begins with Visits to Unesco World Heritage Sites in Kathmandu Followed by A Flight to Nepalgunj and Then to Jumla. from Jumla, You Will Set Forth on A Journey that Promises Greater Solitude and A Chance to Be in The Presence of The Fantastic Rara Lake. It Is the Highest Lake in Nepal and Proudly Addressed by The Nepalese as The Queen of Lakes . During Your Trek, You Will Also Be Entering the Rara National Park Which Is Considered to Be One of The Finest Parks in The World and Is an Ideal Habitat for Musk Deer, Himalayan Black Bear, Leopard, Himalayan Goral, and Other Exotic Animals. on Your Journey You Will Not only Be in The Presence of Snowcapped Mountains, Forests and Enchanting Lakes but Will Also Get to Witness the Rustic Life of The Locals Who Call This Remote Land Their Home.
Deluxe Hotel | Trekking and Hiking
Price Per Person US $2000
- Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu airport and transfer to Hotel (1350m), evening trek briefing and well come dinner at Nepalies cultural restaurant.
- Day 02: After breakfast sight seeing tour to Pashupatnath,Bouddhanath and syambunath temple after lunch peparing for trek.
- Day 03: Fly from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj (50m fight):
After our short excursion in Kathmandu, we take an hour-long flight from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj, located in Western Nepal. Nepalgunj, transfe to Hotel
- Day 04: Fly from Nepalgunj to Jumla (2,540m/): 20 minutes flight
After early breakfast we leave the Terai plains of Nepalgunj and fly to the hilly landscape of Jumla, one of the least accessible districts in Nepal. Situated in the foothills of the Sisne Himalya, Jumla is also the gateway for trekkers who want to explore the remote Karnali region of Nepal. Overnight tent camp in Jumla.
- Day 05: Trek from Jumla to Chere Chaur (3055m)
Today is the first day of our trek. We leave Jumla and ascend to Chere Chaur along the Jugad Khola. On the way, we pass Khalanga Bazzar, a small market place for the nearby villages. We also pass a couple of villages and a temple before reaching our destination. Overnight tent camp in Chere Chaur.
- Day 06: Chere Chaur to Chalachaur (2980m)
From Chere Chaur we take the western trail and ascend slowly until the Jaljala pass (3580m). We cross the pass and continue trekking on a relatively straight trail until reaching Jaljala Chaur. From here we ascend on a steep trail and enter the Rara Lake Circuit before reaching Chalachaur. Overnight tent camp in Chalachaur.
- Day 07: Chalachaur to Sinja Valley (2490m)
It is an uphill climb to Sinja Valley. On the way we pass through several villages and walk along the Jaljala Khola (stream). Sinja Valley holds an important place in the history of Nepal. The valley houses the ancient capital city of the Khasa Kingdom that ruled this area from the 12th to the 14th century. Palaces, temples, and the ancient remains of a settlement were uncovered during excavations spearheaded by the Department of Archaeology at Cambridge University. Overnight in tent camp Sinja Valley.
- Day 08: Sinja to Ghorosingha (3050m)
We leave Sinja on an uphill trail alongside Hima River. From the village we climb on a steep trail for a while followed by a relatively easy trail until Laha Village. From Laha, it is a steep climb up until Ghorosingha alongside Ghatte khola (stream). Overnight in Ghorosingha.
- Day 09: Ghorosingha to Rara Lake (3010m)
We begin our steep ascent after breakfast. Our trail is alongside Chuchhemara Danda from where we get to admire the Himalayan panorama, the vast and tranquil Rara Lake, and the lush vegetation of the Rara National Park. On the way to Rara Lake, we pass through Khatyar Khola Camp and a few villages including Murma. From Murma, the ascent gets a little easier. We continue walking towards Chapri village which houses the Rara National Park Head Quarter. Overnight at Rara Lake.
- Day 10: Explore Rara Lake
Rara Lake is the largest freshwater lake in Nepal. After breakfast we investigate the azure waters of the massive lake also referred to as Mahendra Taal (Lake) after late king Mahendra. While boating we get to admire the picturesque setting of the lake and discover quite a few varieties of fish. Chuchemara Peak lies on the southern side of the Rara Lake whereas Ruma Kand and Malika Kand peaks frame its northern area. Overnight at Rara Lake tent camp.
- Day 11: Rara Lake to Talcha airport (2800M).
From Rara Lake our trail is easy and we walk on a relatively straight path until Talcha airport which is theone of the remote Mugu District of Nepal.
- Day 12: Fly to Nepalgunj, and again fly to Kathmandu.(1350m)
Transfer to Hotel ,rest of time free leasure evening fare well dinner.
- Day 13: After breakfast departure transfer trip conclude.
Price Included / Excluded
- Arrival and Departure Transfer Sightseeing Tour as Peor Above Mention Program.
- Deluxe Hotel in Kathmandu with Breakfast Twin Sharing Basic.
- Kathmandu- Nepalgunj- Jumla And Talcha- Nepaljunj-Kathmandu Flight, Airport Tax and Domestic Transfer.
- Tent Camping During the Trek.
- All Meals (breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) During the Trekking.
- Trekking Guide (experienced, Fluent English Speaking, Gov. Licensed, First Aid and Eco Trained)and Their Entire Expenses,
- All Camping Equipment , Kitchen Boys , Sherpas , Meouls for Luggage and Equipment Carry Duing Trekking and Insurance.
- Rara Trekking Permit/tims Card & National Park Fee
- All the Gov. and Local Taxes as Per Applicable
- One Duffle Bag
- Group Medical Kit Box (First Aid Medicine)
- Tips for Crew Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu,
- Entire Cost of Beverages,
- Mineral Water and Beer Etc.
- While on Trek Travel and Medical Insurance
- Any Thing Not Included in Trip Includes List are your Personal Expense.
Trip Booking Enquiry / Customize
Fields marked with ( * ) are mandatory.
Kanchenjunga Region Dolpo/Mustang Region Peak Climbing in Nepal
Tel: +977 01 4484404
Mobile: +977 9851092634
(Near Pashupatinath Temple Opp. Dawarika Hotel)