Duration15 Days | 14 Nights
Best SeasonMarch-May / Sept-Nov
Khopra Ridge Khair Lake Trek is alternative trekking route in Annapurna region. Khopra Trekking is known as Khair Lake trek as well and this trek leads to marvelous view point Ghorepani Poonhill 3210m through front face of Mt. Annapurna South 7219m and Hiuchuli 6441m to Khopra Danda 3660m, this is the last destination for tea house camp but we can day hike to Khair Lake 4500m then Khopra Trekking is descending to Narchyang Magar village to Tatopani (Natural Hot spring), where we can really enjoy taking bath in natural hot spring then trek drive out to Pokhara.
Khopra Trek is natural walk inside the rhododendron forest; months of March, April and May will be colorful forest due to Rhododendron blowing, a one trekking route as a less touristy area and can see many mountains situated in Annapurna Region, community base guest house with local magar culture and end of trek enjoying natural bath then trek toward to Pokhara Kathmandu.
Deluxe Hotel | Tea House / Community Lodge
Price Per Person USD $1700
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu airport and transfer to Hotel (1350m), evening trek brifing and well come dinner at nepalies cultural restaurant.
- Day 02: After breakfat sight seeing tour to Pashupatnath,Bouddhanath and syambunath temple after lunch peparing for trek.
- Day 03: Fly to Pokhara (800m) afte breakfast Flight from Kathmandu to Pokhara enjoya dramati Mountain view of Lantang , Ganesh himal , Manslu , Annapurna and Dhaulagiri range and drive to Kande 22km. and commenceTrek to Australian cap (1900m) . From camp yo can enjoy the be Panaraic Mountain view along with Pokhara valley . 2hrs walk o/n Lodge.
- Day 04: Trek from Australian camp to Landruk (1650 m.) takes about 4 hours. The early part of trek is gradual ascend for almost an hour up to Deurali (2100 m.) which passes through oak and mixed forests with splendid views of Manaslu, Annapurna ranges and Mardi Himal. Leaving Deurali, you begin to trek steep downwards to reach Tolkha (1840 m.) , a beautiful Magar and Gurung village. To reach the next destination Landruk, a village inhabited by mostly Gurung and few Brahmins.
- Day 5: Trek to Gahndruk the trail is gradual descent passing through terraces and few settlements. Now the steep descent trail moves downwards to Modi Khola river and crossing iron bridge you follow steep uphill to reach Ghandruk.. There are many lodges, Gurung museum and traditional houses made of stone slabs. You can enjoy from here are Annapurna South (7229 m.), Hiunchuli (6441 m.), Annapurna III (7755 m.), Glacier dome (7200 m.) and Fish tail (6997 m.).
- Day 6: Ghandruk to Tadapani, Trek 5 hrs.
Leaving the terraced fields of Ghandruk, our trail meanders along the zigzag path on a steep slope. We walk in the canopy under the age old rhododendron and magnolia trees. We pass by water falls that cascade down narrow gullies that provide a perfect home for many small ferns and delicate plants. We finally reach Tadapani which is an ideal vantage point to glimpse the stunning Annapurna South, Hiunchuli and Machapuchare. Overnight at guesthouse.
- Day 7: Tadapani to Baili Kharka, Trek 6 hrs
Leaving the main trail that leads to Ghorepani we follow a rarely used trail through a thick rhododendron forest. The climb is gradual and we soon emerge above the tree line to superb views of the Annapurna range. We take lunch by a small stream and, in the afternoon, continue to climb gradually through open countryside to reach a small pass, where our trail descends through rhododendron to an open clearing, know as Bhaisi Kharka where we will set up our camping. Our camp today is little isolated and the view from the hillock behind is something very special. Overnight at guesthouse or tea house
- Day 8: Bhaisi Kharka to Khopra Ridge(37000m) Trek 7 hrs .
Our destination for today could be seen Beautiful Dhaulagir Mountain. The first bit of walking we descend through open ground and pristine Himalayan forest to reach the pastures of lower Chistibung, where we take lunch.The ridge above our camp is today's destination. The first bit of walking is through the forest and slowly with the gain in altitude landscape changes to alpine with fewer trees. We climb steadily to Khopra ridge. This area is noted for wildlife and we should keep our eyes open for Himalayan thar and Daphe pheasant. Occasionally we might also see the yaks grazing in the field. Once atop this ridge we contour around the grass alpine meadows to our campsite at Khopra ridge in time for lunch. The view from here is just stunning. The mountains you could see from here are Dhaulagiri, Annapurnas, Annpurna Fang, Annapurna South, Tukuche Peak, Nilgiri and several other mountains. Overnight at guesthouse.
- Day 9: Excursion to Khair Lake(4830M). 8 to 10 hrs day hiking.
If you are feeling fit and enthusiastic, then a hike up to the Khair Lake should not be missed. We make a gradual climb up to the High Camp which is a flat piece of land and then the trail climbs steeply to the holy lake of Khair and several holy shrines where thousands of Hindu pilgrims visit annually to pay homage during the Bhadau Purnima Festival which happens in August and September. For those wishing for an easier option, a walk high on the ridge will provide fantastic views. After visiting the lake we come back down to our campsite at Khopra Ridge for an afternoon cup of tea. Overnight at guesthouse.
- Day 10: Khopra Ridge to Swatha, Trek 5 hrs
We descend downhill to Chistibung and a little bit further down just by the side of a stream we will stop for lunch. Today's walk is mostly through the rhododendron and oak forest. Occasionally we will meet villagers and the shepherds going through their daily chores. We finally reach Swatha, a village settled in an open flat ground. The view of Dhaulagiri from here is just incredible. Overnight at guesthouse.
- Day 11: Swatha to Ghorepani, Trek 4 hrs
A short walk brings us to Chitre where we will join the old Tibetan route. We will see a trail of mules transporting goods to the villages above. From here to Ghorepani, you will be walking through the rhododendron and oak forest which looks beautiful in the spring when the flowers are out. Ghorapani which is a very colorful village with mountains like Dhaulagiri Annapurna's and Machapuchere in the back ground. Ghorepani means, "horse-water" and it is a welcome watering spot not only for teams of ponies but also for weary trekkers. Overnight at guesthouse or tea house.
- Day 12: Ghorepani to Tirkhedunga, Trek 5 hrs.
In the morning after having a cup of tea we will ascent the famous Poon Hill(3220m) for the stunning views of Dhaulagiri, Annapurnas, Tukuche Peak, Machapuchare and many others. After spending some great moments at the top we will come back down to Ghorepani for Breakfast. What goes up must come down today it applies in our itinerary so it is a long descent through magnificent rhododendron and oak forests to Ulleri where we will stop for a lunch. From Ulleri, a very steep section leads down to Bhurungdi Khola valley and the small village of Tirkhedunga. Overnight at guesthouse .
- Day 13: Tirkhedunga to Nayapul and drive to Pokhara, Trek 2 hrs and 2hrs Drive
An easy descent for 2 hours along the Bhurngdi Khola takes us to Birethati, a large prosperous village and ancient trade centre with Tibet. From here Nayapul is just 25 minutes walk where we will board the bus to Pokhara. Rest of the afternoon in Pokhara is free so you can enjoy boating in the Fewa Lake with some wonderful sunset views. Overnight at hotel .
- Day 14: After breakfat at 8am fly to Kathmandu (1350m), transfer to Hotel ,rest of time free leasure evening fare well dinner
- Day 15: After breakfast departure transfer trip conclude.
Price Included / Excluded
- Airport Pick up/drop,
- 3 Nights Deluxe Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu & 1 Nights in Pokhara at Deluxe Hotels,
- Kathmandu Pokhar Flight Tickets,
- All Inclusive Trek Such as Ground Transportation,
- Necessary Permits Entrance Fee,
- Professional Guide, Porter/porters and Their Expenses Including Their Insurance and Equipments,
- Accommodation at Lodges en Route,
- All Food (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) with Tea / Coffee, Etc.
- Travel and Medical Insurance,
- Lunch an Dinner in Kathmandu & Pokhara.
Trip Booking Enquiry / Customize
Fields marked with ( * ) are mandatory.
Kanchenjunga Region Dolpo/Mustang Region Peak Climbing in Nepal
Tel: +977 01 4484404
Mobile: +977 9851092634
(Near Pashupatinath Temple Opp. Dawarika Hotel)