Max.Altitude5,106 m / 16,752 ft
Best SeasonMarch - May : Sep - Nov
Manalu base camp trekking is another popular trekking destination in Manaslu region. It is "untouched" natural paradise rural valley trail in Nepal and located on the border between Nepal and Tibet.Manaslu base camp trek provides perfect views of mountains; combination of rich cultural heritage, genuine adventure, incomparable beauty and biological variety as well as this area offers a good mix of culture diversity and fantastic countryside scenery. Mt. Manaslu 8153 m / 26748 ft is the eight highest peaks in the world. The name of "MANASLU" mean "The spirit –Mountain" in the local dialect, referring to the benevolent strong deity, who dwells within and trek to manaslu base camp, is also one of the most delightful adventures.
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu airport and transfer to Hotel (1350m), evening trek brifing and well come dinner at nepalies cultural restaurant
- Day 02: After breakfat sight seeing tour to Pashupatnath,Bouddhanath and syambunath temple after lunch peparing for trek.
- Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Aruhgat(O/N)
After breakfst start for a long drive (maybe 7 hours) from Kathmandu to Arughat Bazaar . The first part of the journey takes you via a Kathmandu Pokhara Highway and after Abukhairani follow Gorkha highway after Gorkha then we follow towards Arughat through the rough off road of Gorkha. o/n Tent Camp meal Plan( B.L.D)
- Day 04: Arughat to Soti Khola (O/N)
The trail starts today. We get off our comfy drive, and begin walking through lush valleys and rice paddy fields. We follow Budi Gandaki river, climb over the Kyoropani, descent down to the junction of the BudiGandaki and the Sundi khola. Enjoy a refreshing swim and camp overnight on this spot. o/n Tent Camp meal Plan( B.L.D) 6 hrs walk.
- Day 05: Soti khola to Machha Khola (O/N)
Our trail narrows down, leading us through densely forested hillsides, adorned with tiny villages here and there. We will trek though steep valley sides, pass the Lapbesi village, descent down to the riverbed and follow the wide and sandy path, climbing once in a while, towards Machha Khola (translates to “Fish Stream” in English). Nearby Maccha Khola, we will organize a camp for the night.
- Day 06: Machha Khola to Jagat(O/N)
Today, we shall cross the Maccha Khola, and walk upstream towards the small hamlet of Khola Bensi. Enjoy a bath in the hot spring there, and then move along the steep valley sides. The trail gets too steep at this point that we have to head for the left bank via a suspension bridge. We resume our trek though a forested path, rest for a cup of tea at Doban, and then walk to Lauri, where we switch back to the right side of the river through another suspension bridge. A little climb and the sight of Jagat’s field will welcome you for an overnight camp.
- Day 07: Jagat to Deng (O/N)
It will take around 7 hours of trekking from Jagat to the tiny Deng village made up of just about 4 houses. From Jagat, we make a descent towards the river through stone steps and then ascent up a terraced hillside stopping at Saguleri to catch the exotic view of the Sringi Himal (7187m). Then, after a few more crossings over the river, whenever the path becomes too steep, we ultimately climb up to Deng. Camp for the night.
- Day 08: Deng to Ghap (O/N)
Now the trail leads us through Lana village, and further up we will see Mani stones i.e. rocks etched with the Buddhist prayers – a sure sign that we have entered the cool Tibetan areas. In about 4 hours, we will be camping in the village of Ghap.
- Day 09: Ghap to Lho Gaon (3150m) (O/N)
From Ghap, we move further up, crossing the BuriGandaki river three times more, towards the alpine territory, where your cameras will have lots of mountain views to capture.
At length, we will reach the Namrung village (guys there will check or special permits), above which are pasture lands and a large stream (originating from Lidanda Glaciers) to cross over on our route. We will pass the Sho village, dwelling at the altitude of 3000m (provides nice views of Manaslu), and then reach our destination for the day – Lho Gaon.
- Day 10: Lho Gaon to Sama Gaon (3500m) (O/N)
Our eyes will see the majestic Peak 29, as we climb further up to Sama Gaon. We might camp here or move half an hour further to the Sama Gompa.
- Day 11: Acclimatization Day (O/N)
You can go to Manaslu Base Camp which will take about 3 hours to reach if you want. Then you’ll return to Sama Gaon again which takes about 2 hours. Otherwise You’ll spend the entire day in Sama Gaon.
- Day 12: Sama Gaon to Samdo (O/N)
From Sama Gompa, a little further up is Samdo, the pleasant forest residing near the border of Tibet. Here we take out our cameras and shoot some nice pictures of the mountains surrounding us. Enjoy the day resting.
- Day 13: Samdo to Dharmasala (O/N)
What was once a mighty river now dwindles to a stream, and we ascent up this BuriGandaki stream to Sumdu, probably the last thriving village on our trail. Next is some sort of a ruined marketplace called Larkya Bazaar. And further up at an altitude of 4450m, we hit the Larkya Lodge, aka the Dharmasala for travelers to rest.
- Day 14: Dharmasala-Cross Larkya la pass (5300) and trek to Bhimtang (O/N)
The next day, we ascent up Dharmasala, hitting an ablation valley presenting stunning views of the Larkya Peak. The trail gets steep, as we move up through the moraines to the Larkya La pass, where we can capture incredible pictures of Annapurna II, Cheo Himal, Himlung Himal among other snowcapped mountains. Walking though snow and moraines, we reach the lovely forest area of Tanbuche. A descent now, and we reach Bimthang, an ablation valley composed of nothing but abandoned homes and Buddhist prayer rocks.
- Day 15: Bhimtang to Goa (O/N)
We descend towards Goa from here. The south horizon is impressive with the Manaslu in the east and Annapurna II in the west.
Further down, we follow our trail through a bridge at Dudh Khola, trek through the blossom of rhododendron flowers, leave Karche in our wake, submit to a checking at Thonje village, cross Marsyangdi river, join other trekkers of the Annapurna circuit, and rest at Goa.
- Day 16: Goa to Tal (O/N)
What once used to be a pristine lake now has faded away leaving a beautiful valley. Tal, once a lake, is now a village. We will be trekking from Goa to Tal village.
- Day 17: Afer breakfast drive from Tal To kathmandu via Besishar its take 7hrs drive to kathamndu Up o bensishar raught off road drive along wit Marshangdi river , Benshishar drive proper road thoughmarshangdi and join at dumre Pokhara kathmandu Highway continute dive one the way to Kathamndu via cable car up on top of Hill Manokamana temple. Tranfer to Hotel kathamndu. evening fare well dinner.
- Day 18: After breakfast departure transfer trip conclude.
Price Included / Excluded
- All airport and hotel transfer by private Tourist vehicle
- 3 nights in Deluxe hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast
- Bus transportation: Kathmandu to Arughat and Syange to Kathmandu
- Manaslu conservation permit
- Annapurna conservation permit
- Special Manaslu trekking route permit
- 14nights in standard Mt. Lodes/home stay during the trek
- All accommodation and meals during the trek (breakfast, lunch and dinner 3 time a day meals)
- An experienced English-speaking trek guide and Sherpa porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers: 1 porter) including their salary, bus transportation insurance, equipment and lodging
- Nepal Spirit Adventure’s trekking equipment such as sleeping bag and down jacket
- A comprehensive medical kit
- Travel and rescue arrangements
- All government and local taxes
- Personal expenses such as laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters bottled or boiled water, shower, heater and phone calls etc.
- Travel insurance & Rescue operation
- Personal trekking equipment
- Tips for guide and porters
- Food and extra nights hotel in Kathmandu (due to an early return from a trek or an extended stay in Nepal)
- Additional trips or tours in Kathmandu
- International flight tickets
Trip Booking Enquiry / Customize
Fields marked with ( * ) are mandatory.
Kanchenjunga Region Dolpo/Mustang Region Peak Climbing in Nepal
Tel: +977 01 4484404
Mobile: +977 9851092634
(Near Pashupatinath Temple Opp. Dawarika Hotel)