Duration12 days | Tea House
Best SeasonFeb.-May & Sept.-Dec.
Deluxe Hotel | Tea House / Lodge
Price Per Person USD $1100
Mardi Himal Trek is located just east of one of the most legendary trekking destination of Nepal, the Annapurna Base Camp trek. Mardi Himal trek is an unseen gem yet. Few trekkers make their way to the Mardi Himal Base Camp outstandingly positioned at the base of Mardi Himal and the Annapurna region´s most iconic mount Machapuchhre literally meaning "Fish tail". The trail goes along small winding paths, through enchanted rhododendron forests until you climb out of the forest at an elevation around 3,300 meter. The landscape changes quite abruptly into a rugged high mountain landscape, with amazing views of Mardi Himal, Machapuchre, Annapurna South and Hiunchuli.
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu airport and transfer to Hotel (1350m), evening trek brifing and well come dinner at nepalies cultural restaurant.
- Day 02: . After breakfast sight seeing tour to Pashupatnath,Bouddhanath and syambunath temple after lunch peparing fo trek.
- Day 03: Fly to Pokhara (800m)
afte breakfast Flight from Kathmandu to Pokhara enjoya dramati Mountain view of Lantang , Ganesh himal , Manslu , Annapurna and Dhaulagiri range and drive to Kande 22km. and commenceTrek to Australian cap (1900m) . From camp yo can enjoy the be Panaraic Mountain view along with Pokhara valley . 2hrs walk o/n Lodge.
- Day 04: Trek to Forest Camp at Kokar (2,600m)- 4 hours walking.
From Pothana you walk up to a place called Pitam Deurali where you will turn off the main Annapurna Sanctuary trek and continue along a quiet trail through a dense forest of oak, maple, hemlock and rhododendron. Tonight we stay at one of the lodges in a clearing of the forest at Forest Camp or also known by the locals as Kokar. The lodges at Kokar are quite basic and there is no dining room so you will probably have meals in kitchen with the owner, so in some ways this is more like a homestay and is a good opportunity to get to know this friendly family from Siding village.
- Day 05: Trek to Low Camp (3,150m)- 5 hours trekking.
The trail continues from Forest Camp to Low Camp through the forest however as we ascend the vegetation starts to change with more rhododendron and the trees are covered with moss, lichen and tree ferns. At Low Camp there are two basic lodges one with a dining room with open fire. The view from Low Camp is superb with Mount Machhapuchhre visible up the valley.
- Day 06: Trek to High Camp (3,700m)- 4 hours trekking.
An hour or so above Low Camp the trail breaks out above tree line and towards the west there is a good view to Annapurna South and Hiunchuli. The trail continues along the Mardi Himal ridge mainly on grass with some isolated rhododendron bushes along the way. Look out for the colourful Danphe pheasant on this section of the trail. The lodge at High Camp is larger than lodges at Low Camp and Forest Camp, this one has eight rooms and a separate dining room with heater. The view from the lodge is superb to Annapurna South, Hiunchuli and Machhapuchhre (Fishtail).
- Day 07: Excursion to Mardi Himal Base Camp (4,500m)- 4 hours Trekking.
The plan for today is to wake early for sunrise view of the mountains then after an early breakfast walk up the ridge towards Mardi Himal Base Camp. There is a well-established trail through the grass with a couple of steeper sections however overall not too challenging. Look out for the dzokpo (yak/ cow crossbreds) grazing up here as well as Danphe pheasant. In the summer the sheep and goats from lower villages are brought up to graze in this area so you will pass a number of herder’s huts along the way. After three hours you should reach Base Camp at the elevation of 4500m this is where one can look into the Annapurna Sanctuary and the panorama view is spectacular looking at south face of Annapurna and all of the peaks in the Sanctuary as well as Hiunchuli and Machhapuchhre (Fishtail).
- Day 08: Trek to Landruk village (1,750m) -6 hours walking.
On the way back we take a different route so completing a circuit, from Low Camp there is a trail that goes down to to Kokar. Continute walk down hill thoughorest Landru s the Gurung village join the napurncasi trailis It is a wonderful cultural experience finding out more about village life.
- Day 09: Trek to Gahndruk the trail is gradual descent passing through terraces and few settlements. Now the steep descent trail moves downwards to Modi Khola river and crossing iron bridge you follow steep uphill to reach Ghandruk.. There are many lodges, Gurung museum and traditional houses made of stone slabs. You can enjoy from here are Annapurna South (7229 m.), Hiunchuli (6441 m.), Annapurna III (7755 m.), Glacier dome (7200 m.) and Fish tail (6997 m.).
- Day 10: Trek from Ghandruk to Nayapul via Birethanti takes about 5 hours. This day you descend through Kimshe to Shaulo Bazaar. From here your trail goes quite flat until you retrace back to Birethanti. You need to walk almost half an hour to get to Nayapul. Drive from Nayapul to Pokhara by taxi.
- Day 11: Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu by private touist vehikel that takes about six hours. While driving from Pokhara to Kathmandu, you head up to Damauli, Dumre, Muglin and Kurintar where the Nepal's first Cable car is operated to reach to Manakamana Temple. En route, you can enjoy the mountain views, green sceneries, rice terrace fields, vegetable fields and people engaged in their daily life activities. From Naubishe you climb up to Thankot, the gateway to capital city. Transfer to Hotel. Evenigfare well dinner.
- Day12: After breakfast departure transfer trip conclude.
Price Included / Excluded
- airport Pick up / Drop,
- 3 Nights Deluxe Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu & 1 Nights in Pokhara at Deluxe Hotels,
- kathmandu Pokhar Flight Tickets,
- all Inclusive Trek Such as Ground Transportation,
- necessary Permits Entrance Fee,
- professional Guide,
- porter/porters and Their Expenses Including Their Insurance and Equipments,
- accommodation at Lodges en Route,
- all Food (breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) with Tea / Coffee Etc.
- Travel and Medica Insurance,
- Personal / Natural Expenses,
- Lunch an Dinner in Kathmandu & Pokhara.
Trip Booking Enquiry / Customize
Fields marked with ( * ) are mandatory.
Kanchenjunga Region Dolpo/Mustang Region Peak Climbing in Nepal
Tel: +977 01 4484404
Mobile: +977 9851092634
(Near Pashupatinath Temple Opp. Dawarika Hotel)