Best SeasonMar - May : Sep - Dec
Dificulty LevelModerate +
Langtang Gosainkunda Trekking is another popular trekking route in Langtang region. In this trekking you will get an opportunity to visit Langtang valley as well as Gosainkunda. Langtang valley is famous as the valley of glaciers. Here you will get close up view of mountains named Langtang Lirung (7246 m), visit glaciers, walking on grassy down and meadows. Gosainkunda is one of the holy mountain lakes at an altitude of 4380 meter from sea level. Both Hindus and
Buddhists pilgrims gather around this area every year especially on full moon day of August. They believe that if they take bath from the water of this lake they will be saved from their all sins done during that year. Both Hindus as well as Buddhists once in a life visit this lake. It takes about 45 minutes to circumbulate this lake. For this trekking you take morning drive from Kathmandu to Syabru Bensi (Around 8 hours). At first you follow the route to Langtang valley and Kyanjin Gompa. After Kyanjin Gompa you take half of the previous route then you divert to the way to Gosainkunda Lake. After visiting Gosainkunda Lake you back to Dhunche, the bus station and return to Kathmandu. In short words to say Langtang Gosainkunda trekking is unparalleled combination of natural beauty and cultural riches.
Langtang Gosaikunda Trekking Highlights
- Scenic drive Kathmandu / Syabrubeshi via mountain terrain
- Langtang village aptly called ‘the valley of glaciers’
- Kyanjin Gompa, an old Buddhist shrine
- Climbing Chorko-Ri
- Have a panoramic view of Mt. Langtag-ri, Langsisa, Langtang Himal, Ganjala peak
- Walking through rhododendron forest
- Visit holy Lake Gosaikunda (4200m)
- Slow moving rivers and swift mountain streams
- Rugged rock and grassy meadows
- Day 01: Pick up From Airport and Transfer to Hotel.
- Day 02: Kathmandu Sightseeing on Car / Van
- Day 03: Kathmandu to Syaprubesi (1500 Mtr) by Bus 7 to 8 Hours Ride.
- Day 04: Syaprubesi to Lama Hotel 6 Hours Trek (2400 mtr)
- Day 05: Lama Hotel to Langtang (3500 Mtr) 6 Hours Trek.
- Day 06: Langtang to Kyanjin Gompa (3900 Mtr) 3 Hours Trek and Climb the Kyanjing Peak (4770 mtr)
- Day 07: Kyanjin to Lama Hotel 6 Hours Trek.
- Day 08: Lama Hotel to Thulo Syapru (2300 mtr) 6 Hours Trek.
- Day 09: Thulo Syapru to Cholangpati (3500 mtr) 5 Hours Trek.
- Day 10: Cholangpati to Gosaikunda (frozen Lake 4250 mtr) 5 Hours Trek.
- Day 11: Gosaikunda to Chandan Bari(3300 mtr) 5 Hours Trek
- Day 12: Chandan Bari to Dhunche 4 Hours Trek
- Day 13: dhunche to Kathmandu by Bus.
- Day 14: Transfer to International Airport.
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu (1380m).
- After arrival in Kathmandu International airport, you will be welcomed by our officer. He will assist you to transfer the hotel. At hotel he gives you orientation of the overall trip. Meet your trekking guide. O/n at hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 2: Drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubeshi(1460m).
- Wake up early in the morning. Have a breakfast at the hotel. Drive few minutes to catch up coach for Syabrubeshi with your trekking guide and porter. The coach departs at 7 o’clock. Enjoy seven our scenic drive through Trishuli Valley with villages, river and mountains. The bus stops half an hour nearby highway restaurants on the way for lunch. You will be reached at Syabrubeshi (1,420m) around 2 or 3 o’clock. Check in at mountain lodge at Syabrubeshi. The rest of the day is free. O/n at mountain lodge.
Day 3: Trek from Shabrubeshi to Lama Hotel (2560m).
- From today after breakfast your trekking starts. You start your walking on your own pace and the trail ascends for around two hours through the forest followed by a climb of about an hour to reach Bamboo village (1,850m/6,068ft) where you’ll stop for lunch. This forested path with well stabilized trails and following the upstream and can be seen birds life around the bushes. Bee hives hanging on a cliff are another attraction for the visitors. From here you will again steeply climb through the bamboo forest to reach the Lama Hotel (2560m) where you’ll rest and overnight at a local teahouse. O/n at mountain lodge.
Day 4: Trek from Lama Hotel to Langtang Valley (3455m).
- Today you will have a pleasant walk and follow the trail through rhododendron and pine forest for around three hours to reach Ghoda Tabela where you will stop for lunch. This surrounding area dense wild habitat area and many small babblers with lot of herbal can be found here. After lunch you will walk another three hours on the scenic trail takes you to Langtang village (3455m) where you will relax for the evening. O/n at mountain lodge.
Day 5: Explore around the Kyanjin Gompa and climb to Tsergo Ri (4983m).
- Today after breakfast you will leave beautiful Langtang Village and start your trek leisurely for around three to four hours to visit Kyanjing Gompa. Kyanjin Gompa is the last destination of your trekking at an altitude of 3817m from sea level. From here you will have beautiful views of Mt Ganchempo and Mt. Langtang Lirung. You will visit surrounding area like Yak cheese Factory, Kyanjin Monastery and local houses. O/n at mountain lodge.
Day 6: After breakfast day trek to the Langsisa Kharka (4080m).
- The Langsisa Kharka is the spectacular place to close up view of Langtang Region Mountains. The leads to the Langsisa Kharka gradually descend to the Langtang airport. From here half an hour’s ascend to the Jatang at 3840m. From here magnificent view of Langshisa Ri (6370m). From here few minutes plan yak pastureland walk you will be a Nubamathang at 3940m overlooking Dorje Lakpa(6966m) and Langshisa Kharka. From here few descend to the Langsisa Kharka at 4080m. 10 hours walking. Overnight at Kyanjing Gompa in Mountain lodge.
Day 7: Return Kyanjin Gompa to Ghodatabela(3020m). 7 hours walking. O/n at mountain Lodge.
Day 8: Return Ghodatabela to Bomboo(1960m).
- 5 hours walking. O/n at mountain Lodge.
Day 9: Trek from Bomboo to Thulo syabru(2290m).
- The trail descends one and half hour through the alpine forest to the Pairo. After few minutes rest for tea and coffee you will final descend to bank of the Langtang Khola then you cross small waterfall. Here you have attention on your feet become of slippery narrow trail. From here the trail ascend one hour to the ride until small tea house where you can buy water and snacks. From here great the trail is contour to the small stream through the Pine and rhododendron forest. After crossing suspension bridge you are in bottom of the Thulo syabru village and half a hour stone staircase climb to the tea house. O/n at mountain Lodge.
Day 10: Trek from Thulo syabru to Sing Gompa(3330m).
- From Thulo syabru the trail starts to climb Monastery and courtyard of the school. After passing Langtang National park army check point through the alpine forest half an hour steep up to the Dursagang at 2660m. The trail continuous climb less steep mostly in forest of hemlock and oak after one and half hour you will be a top ridge at Foprang Danda at 3190m. Here you will get food in tea house. From here you will follow the top ride trail beautiful forest of rhododendron and spruces. There is a great view of the Dhunche downhill. After one hour walking you will be a Sing Gompa (Chandanbari) at 3330m. O/n at mountain Lodge.
Day 11: Trek from Sing Gompa to Tharepati(3920m).
- From Sing Gompa the trail gradually climb to the ridge through the rhododendron forest with dry scrub vegetation on the slopes. After one hour pleasant walking you will be a Chalang Pati at 3650m. You will enjoy the view of Ganesh Himal and Langtang mountains. Also you may like to have tea and coffee with sun bath. From here you will enter the Gosaikunda Protected area where killing the animals and cut the trees. After one and half hour steep climb you will be in Laurebina Yak at 3920m. From here you can observe sun set and sun rise in mountains. You can see spectacular mountains view including Annapurna, Manaslu, Ganesh Himal, Langtang Lirung and Tibetan Mountains. For your kind information today is acclimatization day for tomorrow more 500m climb. O/n at mountain Lodge.
Day 12: Trek from Tharepati to Gosaikunda(4460m).
- The trail lead ascends ride or the Lauribina Yak and superb view of the mountains. The trail is icy often end of the November and December before sunrise in mountains. We will request you attention in your feet. After one and half hour walking you will reach small temple which is statue of the Sakyamuni(Lord Buddha) welcome to the Gosaikunda. The trail leads up and down half and hours then you will see first lake Saraswati Kunda below the trail. Here you will fell little high altitude in our body continuous walking alpine land you will see second Lake Bhairav Kunda. The trail continues slightly climb to the Gosaikunda Lake tea houses at 4460m. Enjoy the view of Holy lake Gosaikunda. O/n at mountain Lodge.
Day 13: Trek from Gosaikunda to Dhunche(1950m).
- Return to the Sing Gompa same trail. The trail continues down to the stream which is flow from Gosaikunda Lake. From here pleasant walk through the few houses government agriculture station and army post. Your trek is end at Dhunche(1950m). O/n at mountain Lodge.
Day 14: Drive Dhunche to Kathmandu.
- After breakfast catch a coach to set for Kathmandu. After reach in Kathmandu, you will be taken to your hotel. Have a rest. In evening you can stroll around Thamel, the major tourist destination of Kathmandu. You can do some last minute shopping of souvenirs for your family and relatives. O/n at hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 15: Transfer to the airport for your onward journey.
- Our officer will come to meet you at the hotel to escort you to Kathmandu International Airport for your flight to home.
Price Included / Excluded
Trip Booking Enquiry / Customize
Fields marked with ( * ) are mandatory.
Kanchenjunga Region Dolpo/Mustang Region Peak Climbing in Nepal
Tel: +977 01 4484404
Mobile: +977 9851092634
(Near Pashupatinath Temple Opp. Dawarika Hotel)