About Us
Frequently Ask Question

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I get to Nepal?
Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA) in Kathmandu is the only international airport in Nepal. The national flag carrier, Nepal Airlines, and other international airlines directly connect Kathmandu with major cities around the world. Alternatively, you can travel to Nepal via India.
1. When is the best time to travel in Nepal and Kailash -Manasrorovar?
If you are going trekking, the best months for walking are between Septembers - November and between February and May when the weather is fair during the day and the temperatures do not drop rapidly during the night.
2. If you are going to only Nepal tour you can go any time.
  • If You are going to Kailash-Mansarovar Yatra(tour) in Tibet,  the best time is  April – September.
  • If you are Going to Muktinath tour the best time is March-june and Sep –Nov.
3. Is there an airport tax in Nepal?
Yes. It is already included in your ticket. But on domestic routes, a separate airport tax of Rs.200 is charged before boarding.
4. Do I need a visa to enter Nepal?
*For Indian nationals do not require a visa to enter Nepal.
All foreign nationals, except Indians, need visas to enter Nepal. Multiple entry visas for 15 days (US$ 25 or equivalent convertible currency), 30 days (US$ 40) or 90 days (US$ 100) can be obtained from any Nepalese embassy or consulate. You can also get a visa on arrival at the Tribhuvan International Airport , Kathmandu or at the Immigration Office at the entry points of Nepal.
Tourist visa can be extended for a period of 120 days at the Immigration Department in Kathmandu or Pokhara.
However, nationals of the following countries will not get visa on arrival at the immigration entry points of Nepal: Afghanistan, Cameroon, Ethiopia, Ghana, Iraq, Liberia, Nigeria, Palestine, Somalia, Swaziland and Zimbabwe. They need to obtain visas from Nepalese embassies or diplomatic missions in their respective countries prior to their arrival in Nepal.
Gratis (Free) Visa for 30 days is available only for nationals of South Asian countries like Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Pakistan and Sri Lanka for the first visit in one visa year (January to December). However, a visa fee is required for its extension beyond the 30 days.

What documents must Indian nationals present at the entry point?

As per the Nepalese Immigration, Indian Nationals Traveling to Nepal must possess any One of the following documents-

  • Passport
  • Driving License with photo
  • Photo Identity card issued by a Government Agency
  • Ration Card with Photo
  • Election Commission Card with Photo
  • Identity Card issued by Embassy of India in Kathmandu
  • entity Card with Photo issued by Sub- Divisional Magistrate or any other officials above his rank

However, please check with your nearest travel agents for documents required by the Indian Immigration for Indians traveling to Nepal.

What are needed to get a visa?
A valid passport and one passport size photo with a light background . Immigration Department has not specified the size of the passport-size photo.  Visa can be obtained only through payment of cash in the following currency: Euro, Swiss Franc, Pound Sterling, US dollar, Australian dollar, Canadian dollar, Hong-kong dollar, Singapore dollar and Japanese Yen.
Credit Card, Indian currency or Nepalese currency are not accepted for payment of Visa fee.
What is the currency of Nepal?
The Nepalese currency is the rupee and is divided into 100 paisa. Bank notes come in denominations of Rs. 1, 2, 5, 10, 20, 50, 100, 500 and 1,000. Coins are of 1, 2 and 5 rupee denomination.
Where can I exchange my money?
It is illegal to exchange foreign currency with persons and organizations other than those authorized such as banks, hotels and licensed money changers. Nepalese banks do not accept Indian currency of denomination of Rs. 500 and 1000. You will find the exchange rates for different currencies in the Nepalese papers.
In order to exchange surplus rupees at the time of your departure, please retain your encashment receipts.
Are there ATMS in Nepal?
There are ATMS in Kathmandu, Pokhara and other big cities in Nepal that accept AMERICAN EXPRESS, VISA and MASTERCARD.
Are credit cards accepted in Nepal?
Major hotels, restaurants and curio shops accept AMERICAN EXPRESS, VISA and MASTERCARD. You can contact the banks for credit card services.
If I run out of money, how do I get access to more funds?
You can draw funds against your AMERICAN EXPRESS, VISA and MASTERCARD cards in Kathmandu. The service premiums for doing this, however, could be high. You can also have money wired directly to Kathmandu through any major bank within two to three working days.
Is the international driving license accepted in Nepal?
What souvenirs can I take home?
Popular among visitors are handmade apparels like woolen sweaters, jackets, trousers and caps. And the Pashmina shawl is a highly coveted item. Then there are ethnic and contemporary carpets, gems and jewelry, metal and wooden products, Khukuri (the curved metal knife, music CDs, Nepali paper products, pottery, spices, tea and Thangka paintings to take home.
There are exclusive showrooms at Durbar Marg, Asan, Thamel, Patan and Bhaktapur Durbar Square area which specialize in these items.


How many days required for Mt. Kailash Yatra?

Holy Mt. Kailash yatra require

  • 13 Days Kailash Mansarovar Yatra By Road.
  • 15 Days Kailash Mansarovar Holy yatra via Lhasa.
  • 10 Days Kailash Mansarovar Tour By Helicopter.
  • 16 Days Kailash Mansarovar Yatra Inner Parikrama.
  • 10 days Kailash Yatra by Helicopter

- Kathmandu - Nepalganj - Simikot - Hilsa (by helicopter) - Taklakot - Mansarovar - Darchen - Dirapuk - Zuthulpuk - Darchen - Mansarovar - Taklakot - Hilsa - Simikot (by helicopter) - Nepalganj - Kathmandu.

Also 3 days Mt. Kailash Parikrama.

How we will be doing 13 days Yatra?
13 days Kailash Yatra by 4500 cc Toyota Landcruiser/Luxary Bus - Kathmandu to Kodari (Nepal - Tibet border) tourist bus will be used. In Tibet, 4500 CC Toyota  Landcruiser or Luxury Bus will be used. Routing Kathmandu - Zhyagmu - Nyalam - Saga -Paryang -Mansarovar - Darchen - Dirapuk - Zuthulpuk - Darchen - Paryang - Saga -Nyalam - Kathmandu.
In how many days would I finish Mt. Kailash Parikarma and how long it is?
Holy Kailash parikarma is approx 52 kms trek to be completed in 2 nights / 3 Days. Night camping in Derapuk & Zuthul-puk.
What is the best time to travel in Kailash?
Holy Kailash yatra starts in the last week of May till September every year.
What is Land cruiser/what type  of Bus you will provide ?
Land cruiser is four wheels driven Japanese vehicle. We allow maximum four people in one Land cruiser + 1 driver + 1 Sherpa (staff).
Bus will be very comfortable and luxary 2/2 push back seat. Bus capacity Will be   20-60 setter .depend your groups
How many days would I need to hire the Horse and a Porter during the whole trip and how much it costs?
If you do not want to trek you can hire horse/pony for parikarma. Parikarma (kora) that is for 3 days. It will cost you approx. Yuan 2000 per horse with Horse man.
What are the extra charges i.e. to be paid direct?
Additional expenses incurred due to delay, Accidents, Natural disaster & Political action. Following are the charges not included during yatra.
  • horse and horse man cost
  • Rescue or evacuation if need, Tibet visa separation cost
  • Travel insurance, drink, laundry, Telephone/fax, Additional transportation cost.
  • If you are not going for Kailash Parikrama due to any reason and staying back at Darchen for three days, you have to pay extra INR 500 per day for accommodation in Darchen.
How much amount we should carry and in what form whether  travelers cheque, Doller or Tibetian cash or Indian Rupees.
In Kathmandu you may use USD OR Indian Currency (however denominations of INR 500 & 1000 are not allowed in Nepal). For Tibet you will need Chinese Yuan only. for 11 days in Tibet we suggest you to carry approx Yuan 2500-3000 Per Person. Which you may need for emergency and to pay for horse during Kailash Parikrama. Balance (unused Yuan) may be exchanged again on the way back.
INR 100 = NPR 160
You can exchange Yuan in Kathmandu or in Tibet border. Most of the yatri exchange their currency in Nepal-Tibet border.
How about accommodation facilities In Nepal   and   Kailash tour ?
3/4/5 Star hotel accommodation in Kathmandu and Normal  guest house accommodation in Tibet.
also we will provide 2 Days  Guest house in kailash Parikrama.

What is your cancellation policy Of Kailash Tour?

Cancellation Policy:

  • 30 days before departure date, INR 10,000 will be charged as Kailash Permite Process.
  • 15 days before departure date, INR 25,000 will be charged as cancellation.
  • 05 days before departure date, No refund allowed.

Do you provide something?

We Provide:

  • Camping Equipments (to be returned at the end)
  • Sleeping bags (down with inside extra cover), (to be returned at the end)
  • Jacket (down) (to be returned at the end)
  • Oxygen Back-up & Gaymo Bag.
  • Duffal Bag and day bag will free  povide as gift
What medical reports do I need to carry?
No medical report is required but we insist every yatri to consult their doctor before traveling to high altitude. Also every yatri must declare their physical status and specify if they are allergic to any medicine.
Besides the passport what other official documents will I need on the yatra?
You need to carry:-
Valid Passport with 4 passport size photographs
Medical Insurance Policy. (Not compulsory)
Is it essential or good to commence the tour on a full moon day?
You can commence your yatra any day. Some people prefer to reach at Mansarovar or Kailash on full moon day.
Can we take children with age group of 8 and 15 years?
Yes, can take children (physically normal) along with you but at your own risk because you know your child better.
What are the precautions taken for the children?
You have to take same precautions as you are taking for yourself.
Will one oxygen cylinder be sufficient for four of us?
Our company will provide oxygen cylinder in emergency. Usually, oxygen cylinder is not required. However, some yatri prefer to carry their own handy oxygen cylinders. You may buy small portable cylinder in Tibet. It may cost approx. Yuan 20-30 per cylinder.
What will be the charges for children?
Yatra cost is same for children.
Can we get  vegetarian food during yatra ?
Yes, cooks will be traveling with you during the entire trip. They will carry all necessary cooking items with them and you will get only vegetarian food during yatra.
Is VISA cost included in the total tour cost?
Yes, cost of Tibet Visa is included. However, cost of Nepal visa is not included (applicable for foreign nationals only). Indian passport holders do not need Nepal Visa.
Can we find some helpers to help our kids/luggage during the trekking part of the journey? Will they be available there or do we have to take them with us?
Yes, you can get helpers/porters for your kids/luggage, the charge may be approx Yuan 150 per day.
What will be the arrangement in case there is any break down of vehicle?
We will send another Vehicle.
Are there any frequent landslides on the way?
No, it depends on weather. Some time Kathmandu to Kodari border nepal side only.
Availability of drinking water on the yatra?
Water bottles / pure natural mineral water, or water purification tablets may be made available.
Can I bring video camera and digital camera? .
Yes, you can bring camera & videos along with you. The voltage in Tibet is 220V. Can be re-charge most of the places but not during 3 days parikrama. We suggest to travel with extra batteries.
What about communication possibilities?
Communication facility is every where available. Mobile will work in Kailash region and Parikrama also.
Is there any Pundit available?
No, you have to bring your Pundit.if we have Brahamana staff he will do.
When we should book the  Mt. Kailash Yatra and how to book?
You should book this yatra minimum 45 days in advance. To book, we need scan copy of passport (1st page only)  with 20 % advance deposit.you can sent to in the address, by email - ojhaholidays@yahoo.com or GPO Box 20441,kathmandu ,nepal .
Is it necessary to send our document with advance 45 days before?
Yes, we must send copy of your passport to China for approval.
How can we make advance payment?
  • We have following payment options:
  • Swift transfer to OUR BANK account. Contact us for our bank details.
  • Pay by credit card.
  • Send a Demand Draft by courier.
If we are not feeling comfortable or physically fit for parikarma then what we will do?
In case, you must stay back in Darchen for 3 days.
What type of medical test is required for this trip?
Not compulsory.
What we must carry?
Be sure you have the needy items!
Warm clothes, water bottle, water purification tabs, sun tan lotion utility knife, dusk musk, medicine for headaches, fever, colds, stomach disorders and diamox (unless you are allergic to sulpha drugs) for
altitude sickness, It is also good to carry dry fruit, juice powder, breads, candy, canned or packed food, nuts, pickles and biscuits.
* if you do not have any of the above items, our executive will assist you in Kathmandu.
Do you have any age restriction?
No, we do not have any age restrictions. If you are physically fit you may travel but sometime Chinese Authority do not permit for people aged 65 or above. We insist every one to consult with their doctor and must mention that you are going to high altitude. Many of old aged people travelled with us and have successfully done the parikrama.



service icons


G.P.O. Box : 20441
Bhirkuti chwok 6, Kathmandu. (P9G4+WQ Kathmandu)

service icons


+977 01-5916739
+ 977 - 9851092634 | 9801333773
(Ramesh Bhai Ojha)
+977 9801333773 (WhatsApp)

service icons

Email / Website