Duration31 days Trip
Best SeasonMay - September
Upper Mustang is an upper part of Mustang District. The Upper Mustang was a restricted kingdom and demilitarized area until 1992 which makes it one of the most preserved regions in the world, with a majority of the population still speaking traditional Tibetic languages.
Dolpa District, a part of Karnali Pradesh, is one of the seventy-seven districts of Nepal. The district, with Dunai as its district headquarters, covers an area of 7,889 km² and has a population of 36,700. Upper Dolpo Trekking is another remote hidden destination in far west where Nepal's most tranquil and natural beauty is still unexplored. The home of herbal land, unspoiled trans-Himalayan culture, one of the undisturbed Tibetan culture in the world. Buddhist monuments, unique human civilization at high altitude is worth a visit. Trekking around the Dolpo region is an unforgettable journey in every visitor's life. Observing different rain shadow landscapes with stunning mountain views, wild flowers, Himalayan blue sheep, snow leopards, and huge birds Himalayan griffon. It's difficult to grow crops there, which makes life difficult for the local people, so most of them are involved in the salt trade from Tibet, this traditional culture continue in Doplo generation to generation.
Deluxe Hotel | Mode of Trek : Camping / Hard Adventures
Price Per Person US $5900
- Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to Hotel. Evening Briefing and organize well come dinner at Nepali cultural Restaurant Meal Plan (D).
- Day 2: After breakfast we organize sight seeing tour in Kathmandu including Pashupatinath and Buddhanath after lunch prepare for trekking . Meal Plan(B)
- Day 3: After breakfast transfer to airport fly to Pokhara(25m fly) on the way to fly Pokhara we will have view beautiful Mountain range Ganesh Himal , Manaslu and Annapurna and Dhaulagiri mountain including Mt. Fishtail , receive at pokhara airport transfer to Hotel. meal Plan (B).
- Day 4 : Early morning Fly from Pokhara to Jomsom 2720m (16 Min.) and commence trek to Kagbeni 2800m (3 hrs) we will walk along Kaligandaki river bank in back round beautiful Mt. Nilgiri and Dhaulagiri , Overnight at tented camp.Meal Plan (B.L.D).
- Day 5: Trek from Kagbeni to Tsaile 3100m (5/6 hours) After breakfast we take a short walk through a narrow flagstone-paved path, then we enter to the restricated area of Mustang. From here we continue our walking to east bank of Kaligandaki river. We walk through the impressive village of Tangbe (3060m), Chhusang (2980m) & Chele (3050m) overlooking the fantastic landscapes. There is a small, but impressive cave gompa in Chhusang which is dedicated to White Tara, the buddha of Success and Achievement. After 45 minutes continue walking to Chele after crass Kaligandaki river we will climb to Chine in back round we can have beautiful Kaligandaki valley , Overnight at tented camp. Meal Plan (B.L.D).
- Day 6: Trek from Tsaile to Ghiling 3570m (6/7 hours) via Ranchung Cave Monastery after breakfast we start slowly climb we can see the good view of back down the Kaligandaki valley, with the peaks of Tilicho and Nilgiri. After another 11/2 hours slow pace walking we arrive at the Dajori La Pass (3735m) with views down the valley. After another 30 minutes walking we arrive at Samar, a small picturesque .village. We walk through the centre of the village and descend to a stream where we can see eroded watercourse; then we climb up and continue up towards the Bhena La (3838m) and Yamda La (3860m). From here we can see our first substantial views of Upper Mustang with coffee-coloured hills nearby; then we walk to Syangboche village (3800m) following mani walls and stupas; then eventually we arrive at the village of Geling. There are 2 gompas in the village, the date back to 15th century which are worth visiting. Overnight at tented camp. Meal Plan (B.L.D).
- Day 07: Trek from Ghiling to Tsarang (3560m, 6-7 hours walking) Today we climb a steep uphill just above the 2 gompas and continue walking to a pass (4025m) from where we can enjoy overlooking back towards the Annapurnas. Then we trek down to Ghemi (3520m), a small settlement of few tea houses, then continue trek down to a stream and cross a suspension bridge and ascend the upper valley where we can see the longest mani wall in Mustang region. Following the trail beside the mani wall, we climb up another pass of Tsarang La (3870m); and we descend to Tsarang, the old capital of Mustang.Tent camp Meal Plan (B.L.D).
- Day 08: Trek to Lo - Manthang (3809m, 4 hours walking).Today is the final day of our destination, short and moderate walking to Lo - Manthang, the medieval walled city. We walk following the Tsarang river to the north and gradually climb up to the Lo La (3950m) from here we can see the good views of Lo - Manthang and northern Mustang. From the pass, it is an easy down hill walk to ancient walled capital of Lo- Manthang. After Lunch visit wall city 118 house. Overnight at tented camp. Meal Plan (B.L.D).
- Day 9. After breakfast start day trip by horse riding towards Chosar valley visit 2600 hundred old Jhong Cave where 42 rooms and Guru Gomba and other Monasteries’ and on the way back visit Namgel Monastery and Old forts established by 1st King Yampal early 13th Century. Overnight at tented camp. Meal Plan (B.L.D).
- Day 10: All day at Lo - Manthang (Exploration day) After breakfast, we go for walking tour around the valley. There are four major gompas which are worth visiting: Jampa Lhakhang or Jampa Gompa, the oldest, built in the early 15th century and also known as the "God house"; Thubchen Gompa, a huge, red assembly hall and gompa built in the late 15th century and located just southwest of Jampa Gompa; Chodey Gompa, now the main city gompa; and the Choprang Gompa, which is known as the "New Gompa". Overnight at tented camp. Meal Plan (B.L.D).
- Day 11: Trek from Lo Manthang to Ghami via Ghar Gompa , after breakfast sart slow cliemb from west part of Lo Manthang cross lo Mangthang pass and trek down to Ghar Gompa which is very hostrical monasteries in Mustang which is eastablished by Guru Ringboche early 8th centaury when he was walking to cross Tibet through Kaligandaki valley . this is the 1st Monasteries in history Ningmapa sect. after here we climb to the Dhakamar la pass and trek down to Dhakamar have view of red cliff hill surrounded village and continue walk down to Ghimi. Overnight at tented camp. Meal Plan (B.L.D).
- Day 12: Trek from Ghami to Yak Kharka 4200m (6/7 hours) from here we will leave Mustang trek route and heading to Upper Dolpa route , we will follow Ghami kholo wilderness valley up passing through summer yak pasture , Overnight at tented camp. Meal Plan (B.L.D).
- Day 13: Trek from Yak Kharka to Ghami-La Base Camp 5100m (6/7 hours) continute follow river valley up along river enjoy seeing vegetations and land scape and Mountain in Ghami Peak, Overnight at tented camp.
- Day 14: Trek from Ghami-La Base Camp to Chharka Bhot 4110m (9/10 hours) via Ghami-La Pass ( 5633m) after breakfast slowly climb to the pass and start down hill through Charka Khola , after short down hill we will follow quite gentle valley down to Charkabot, Overnight at tent camp. Meal Plan (B.L.D).
- Day 15: Trek from Charka Bhot to Rapka 4535m (6 hrs) via Chharka Pass( 5027m), slowly climb 3hrs and fall then short down to river valley Tinjay Khola camp at River side. Overnight at tented camp. Meal Plan (B.L.D).
- Day 16: Trek from Rapka to Tinje Gaon 4150m (6 hours) today is long flat walk along with river enjoy river valley walk and vegetations and beautiful land escape. Overnight at tented camp. Meal Plan (B.L.D).
- Day 17: Trek from Tinje Gaon to Shimen Gaon 3870m (5 hours) continute follow river wide route on the way visit Monasteries, Overnight at tented camp. Meal Plan (B.L.D).
- Day 18: Trek from Shimen Gaon to Nisal Gaon 3750m (5/6 hours), Overnight at tented camp. Meal Plan (B.L.D).
- Day 19: Trek from Nisal Gaon to Saldang 3770m (5/6 hours) on the way visit Yanger Gomba, Overnight at tented camp. Meal Plan (B.L.D).
- Day 20: Trek from Saldang to Shey Gomba 4300m (7 / 8 hours) start short clim and cross vallery and reach naming Gomba vist Gomba and continute climb to the pass and slowly down hill and reach wide small river valley follow gentle down along river beautiful vegetations and summer pasture we will meet yak hearers and yak and Ship firm along the way we will reach historical Shey Gomba , Overnight at tented camp.
- Day 21: Rest at Shey Gompa vist Monestries and walk around Cristal Mountain , Overnight at tented camp. Meal Plan (B.L.D)
- Day 22: Trek from Shey Gompa to Kng-La Phedi 4600m (4 hours), Overnight at tented camp. Meal Plan (B.L.D).
- Day 23: Trek from Phedi to Phoksundo Khola 4316m (5/6 hours) via Kang-La Pass 5460m, Overnight at tented camp. Meal Plan (B.L.D).
- Day 24: Trek from Phoksundo Khola to Phoksundo Lake 3733m (4/5 hours), Overnight at tented camp. Meal Plan (B.L.D).
- Day 25: Exploring to Phoksundo Lake and surrounding hills, Overnight at tented camp. Meal Plan (B.L.D)
- Day 26: Trek from Phoksundo Lake to Chekpa 2740m (7 hours), Overnight at tented camp. Meal Plan (B.L.D).
- Day 27: Trek from Chhepka to Dunai 2140m (5/6 hours), Overnight at tented camp. Meal Plan (B.L.D).
- Day 28: Trek from Dunai to Juphal 2475m (4/5 hours), Overnight at tented camp.
- Day 29: Fly from Juphal to Nepalganj(35m) and connected flight to Kathamndu(45m) transfer to Hotel. Meal Plan (B.L.D).
- Day 30: Free Day for relax in kathmandu enjoy shopping. Evening fare will dinner . Meal Plan (B..D)
- Day 31: After breakfast Departure transfer to International Airport trip conclude. Meal Plan (B.).
Price Included / Excluded
- * All arrival and departure Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & transfer by car / Van.
- * 4 nights accommodation with breakfast at Deluxe hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- * Kathmandu city tour as per the above itinerary.
- * Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with Tea & coffee and boild filter water during the trek.
- * Gov Lisenseholder experienced, friendly guide, experience cook and and Kithen helper, required sherpa (Guide), required Donkey or porters carrying equipment and luggae their food & accommodation, bus ticket, salary, equipments and insurance.
- * All transportation.
- * Restricted Area Permit for Upper Mustang (500 USD/10 Days Per Person.)
- * Annapurna Consevation Area Permit.
- * Upper and Lower Dolpo Restricted Area Permit (650 USD per Person)
- * All necessary Gov permits
- * Domestic flight ticket Pokhara/Jomsom/Juphal/Nepalganj / Kathmandu.
- * All necessary Camping Equipments (Tents) and Kitchen equipments.
- * Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu and pokhara but Well come and fare well dinner include.
- * Travel and Medical insurance.
- * Items and expenses of personal nature.
- * Any kind of alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, snacks, laundry, phone call, internet.
- * Any costs which arise due to a change of the itinerary, because of landslides, domestic flight delays,political disturbance, and strikes etc.
- * Any other costs whatever, that is not mentioned in the cost included.
- * Tips for trekking crew, porters, etc.
Trip Booking Enquiry / Customize
Fields marked with ( * ) are mandatory.
Kanchenjunga Region Dolpo/Mustang Region Mustang Region Peak Climbing in Nepal
Tel: +977 01 4484404
Mobile: +977 9851092634
(Near Pashupatinath Temple Opp. Dawarika Hotel)